Serving: 4 Prepping Time : 15 Min Cooking Time : 20 Min
- Recipe By : MANVI KOHLI, Undergraduate Culinary Arts Student, Batch of 2025, Indian School of Hospitality.
For the crust:
- ½ cup almond flour, plus more for dusting
- Two medium zucchini, about 2 cups, shredded
- 2 Large eggs
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Fine sea salt and pepper
- 5 small mini bell peppers, thinly sliced
- ½ cup grape tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup red onion, chopped
- ½ cup baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 2 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, chopped (can also use shredded)
- Dried oregano for sprinkling on top
- Red pepper flakes
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees with racks in the top and bottom positions. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and dust it with almond flour.
- Lay out a large piece of cheesecloth or a clean kitchen towel and, using a box grater, grate the zucchini on to the towel and squeeze out excess liquid over the sink. Put the zucchini in a large bowl.
- Beat 2 eggs and add them to the bowl, along with the almond flour, oregano, garlic powder, ½ teaspoon salt, and a few grinds of pepper. Mix well until it takes on a dough-like texture. If the mixture is too wet, add a tablespoon or two more of almond flour.
- Transfer the dough to the baking sheet and form it into a 10-inch round or two 5-ich rounds. Lightly spray the crust(s) with cooking spray and bake on the lower rack of the oven for about 15 minutes, until the edges are browned and the crust is firm.
- In a small bowl toss the veggies with the olive oil.
- Remove the pizza from the oven. Scatter evenly with the peppers, tomatoes, mushrooms, red onion, and mozzarella pieces. Bake for about 7-10 more minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Drizzle with olive oil, and season with a little more salt and pepper, dried oregano and red pepper flakes. Serve hot.